Being a great speaker is a talent. But it is also a skill you can develop if working hard. But it is a real challenge to attract the listeners’ attention and keep his or her interest until the very end. By all means, you should avoid failing when it comes to your motivational speech.
You should show yourself as an influencer and convince people to read or listen to you. It is crucial to motivate others, so you should not neglect writing a really brilliant motivational speech. And to do that, it is important to be motivated yourself. Being sincere is the key to the success of your motivational speech.
Motivational speech definition
A motivational speech is a speech aimed to deliver an inspiring message. The core of that message can be the improvement of the listeners’ lives or their environment. It is important to inspire people to do a particular action.
A motivational speech can be both short and long. If you plan to apply for a managing and leading position, it is crucial to know how to motivate and inspire your team. In this case, a motivational speech would be good training for you.
Below, you will find out how to write a good motivational speech, what it should consist of, and what the best topics for your motivational speech are.
Motivational speech structure
Why is it important to be aware of how to write an effective motivational speech? It might help people reach agreement upon a particular problem and find a solution to a certain issue. It is also helpful for attracting people’s attention to a certain problem. As a rule, the structure of a motivational speech is standard:
- Introduction. It can be a very interesting remark or a shocking fact that would grab the attention of the audience;
- An argument or a position. Here you should explain it, provide evidence and reasons. Do not forget that the evidence should be relevant, and it is better to use real-life examples;
- Ending. The most effective ending is a call to action.
Motivational speech writing tips
Here are some helpful motivational speech writing tips. If you have no idea how to write a good speech on your own, simply stick to these simple rules, and we are sure you will manage to create a brilliant speech.
Get the listeners’ attention
In order to grab the attention of listeners, it is possible to use a good hook in the introduction. It could be storytelling, joke, quotation, statistics, rhetorical question, etc. There are no limitations with the time; this part may last from one to five minutes. Everything depends on how much you want to say to your audience.
Show the need
It is important to convince your listeners there is a need requiring their action. They have to realize that their actions are required in order to satisfy this need. To convince the audience, you can provide facts, evidence, arguments, etc.
They have to see there is a serious problem needing an urgent solution. It is good to show them the negative consequences of their inaction.
Meet the need
After you have shown the problem and the necessity of finding a solution, offer possible solutions to your audience. They should realize your position; thus, you should explain it clearly and support it with credible sources, examples, data, statistics, etc. Be ready to disprove counterarguments.
Show several scenarios
Now you should show a couple of “what if” scenarios. For example, what will happen in case the solution is adopted and vice versa. You should show them clearly the benefits and disadvantages of both cases. However, make sure not to exaggerate, remain realistic in your judgments.
Encourage your audience
Let your listeners know about the specific actions that should be taken to solve the issue. The time dedicated to that part depends on the topic. Encourage your audience to come to the solution step by step.
Motivational speech topics
If you want to be inspiring for others, you should choose a really interesting and motivational topic. Below, there are some good topics divided into different categories you can get inspired with or use for your own motivational speech.
Motivational speech topics about education
- The advantages of studying in multicultural surroundings.
- Education in the USA should be free for everyone.
- The benefits of the educational system in Finland.
- The importance of constant professional self-improvement.
- Potential benefits of schools without homework.
- The efficiency of the school curriculum.
- Making fun is more important than studying/working.
- Education as a way of personal growth.
- Core determinants of professional success.
- Mastering emergency technologies.
Motivational speech topics about health and mind
- Learning better self-control.
- Basic mediation types.
- Heroic deeds of scientists in history.
- Healthcare should be free and available to everyone.
- Meridian energy therapies.
- Being realistic about our expectations.
- Self-improvement and character-change.
- Inspiring lessons of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Becoming more adaptive and open-minded.
- Prioritizing our daily goals.
Motivational speech topics about the environment and social life
- The joys of nature.
- How to get a peaceful mind with the help of our environment.
- Children should be in closer contact with nature.
- The balance between social life and extracurricular activities.
- The support of environments when achieving your goals.
- Coping with challenges in a family.
- Honest communication with your children.
- Silent observation and patience.
- Becoming a role model for your children.
- The importance of charity for children’s education.
Motivational speech topics about science and technology
- Drones as a way to deliver packages.
- Self-driving electro-cars as the taxi service in the future.
- The role of the church in our society.
- Establishing colonies on Mars.
- Success stories of empires.
- The role of an advertisement on social media.
- Addressing false information on the Internet.
- Training to think positively.
- The possibility of a green future.
- Transitioning to Tesla cars.
Motivational speech topics about sports and games
- The correlation between football stadiums and ancient amphitheaters.
- Video games contribute to teamwork.
- Playing golf after retirement.
- Steroids in sports are dangerous.
- Bodybuilding is a male sport.
- Nasty games and internet programs should be banned.
- Motivating students to participate in college sports events.
- Winning vs. succeeding.
- Losing in order to succeed.
- Addicted people are ill.
Motivational speeches from expert writers
These are motivational speech topics you can use and make yours. Remember that picking a great topic is half success. The subject of your speech will influence the result. So if you want to succeed, you should have a really good knowledge of the chosen topic.
And to gain that knowledge, it is crucial to conduct thorough research on the topic. Evaluate the facts and evidence that would support your position. Be sure about your position, after all. Be ready to refute all counterarguments and convince the audience in your point of view.
Of course, it is necessary not only to show your research or analytical skills but also writing abilities. To become a good speaker, you should become a good writer first. If you do not feel sure about your writing and research skills, you can always ask someone to help you. It is efficient to consult your friends or family members.
But if you want to be sure of a high grade or success with your audience, it’s necessary to write a top-notch motivational speech. Only a professional writer with years of experience in that field can create a brilliant and inspiring speech for you.