Biology research is a complex task for students. Writing a paper is a real struggle even for those trainees who are good at biology. What should you do if you need to manage the writing, but you don’t know the rules and tips for effective writing practice? First thing first, you should opt for a relevant topic for your writing. If you don’t have the topic or cannot come up with a good idea, we have the answer. We will help you deal with the task easily. In the article, you will find a lot of interesting information and be able to choose from a variety of biology research topics.
What Is Biology Research?
Before we move to the list of topics and let you choose the one for your task, it is necessary to understand what is a biology research paper. In a nutshell, it is topic-related scientific writing structured according to the academic writing rules. In the paper, your task is to develop the issue and do profound and explicit research on the topic. There are 2 basic methods used when working on the biology research paper:
The first one is called universal:
- Modeling is an important part of the universal method. First, the scientists receive the idea, and then they collect the information to prove or reject it.
- Observation is another notion that includes the use of measurements and practical observations.
- The experiment is the last one in the universal method section. It is obvious for most students since to make use of this method, and you need to experiment on the object.
The second method is called an individual scientific method. What is it about?
- Genealogical is the first method in the group. Here the scientists study the genes and make their conclusions based on the information obtained.
- The historic method implies the investigation of the facts.
- The last one is called a paleontological method. It is an interesting one because it studies the lives, especially the organisms of ancient times.
Biology Research Structure: How to Work on the Text Correctly
If you want to produce a good biology research paper, you cannot hope for the chance. You need to learn the correct structure and be sure about the result. So, what is the correct biology research structure? Let’s take a look at the following points and remember them:
- Title. It is obvious. You cannot leave your paper without a title. To create a good title, you need to make up a topic. First, you may develop an approximate title. Then, when the text is ready, you can enhance the first utterance to make it fit the overall idea of the text.
- Abstract. It is another distinctive feature of biology research writing. What is an abstract? It is a brief overview of the information presented in the research. It obviously should be written after all the text sections are done. You need to include every important piece of information but still keep it concise. But at the same time, you cannot reveal the details of the research so that the reader is intrigued to continue and learn the findings.
- Introduction. The next part is the introduction. It is an opening part of the research. As a writer, here you need to present the topic, inform the reader of the paper, and tell about its aims.
- Methods. In this section, you are to describe the methods used during the research. Why do you need to mention the methods? First of all, it is an interesting stage that students can benefit from. Another reason is that by reading the methods section, other people can repeat the research and achieve their results. It is an illustrative way to show readers your efforts more explicitly.
- Results. It is the part of the text where you need to demonstrate the findings of the research. You can illustrate different figures or statistics to make the image more vivid.
- Discussion. It is one of the most interesting parts both for the writer and the readers. Here you are to discuss the results. You can also evaluate the opinions related to the topic.
- Literature. In the final section, you need to list the literature used in the research. If you managed to add citations in the text, you need to mention them here.
3 Easy Tips to Deal With a Biology Research Like a Pro
- Look carefully at the assignment. You may find this advice a weird one, but the statistics say that a great lot of students don’t pay much attention to the assignment. But it is a mistake. In the assignments, the professor may include various prompts. There you can also find important information considering the structure of the paper. It often happens that professors include various specific recommendations for the paper. And you have to stick to them. Otherwise, the professor may lower your points. You need to read the requirements beforehand to have a chance to ask the professor for clarification. Reading the assignment will also assist you in the end. You will be able to check the text to make sure that it directly corresponds to the task.
- Use only reliable sources. There are a couple of reasons for such a serious approach. First of all, you need to use reliable sources for information research to provide relevant data. If you make use of vague websites, the content of your research may be misleading. You don’t need it. So, you should look for reliable books, paper works, or credible websites. Another reason to work with scholarly sources is the correct literature review. In the final parts of the paper, you will have to list the sources. For this reason, you should look for the information only in the credible sections.
- Don’t hurry up with your thesis statement. You need to create a draft first. It will lead you through the whole text. But when the writing is over, and you have covered all the text parts, you need to reread the thesis. If there are any misconceptions or the information doesn’t correlate with the text, you need to adjust the thesis to the final paper version.
Interesting and Worthy Biology Research Topics
Let’s read them together and get you inspired to write the paper.
Interesting Topics for Biology Research
- Can we suggest that terrorists could use the viruses as a biological weapon?
- Can we rely on our memory? What does biology say?
- Are there any creatures that live forever? Does immortality exist? Biology has the answer.
- What are the most common reasons for plants to be diseased?
- Do we need to be afraid of the transplantation? What consequences can the procedure have?
- Can we beat cancer with in-depth genetic disorders research?
- Is it safe to take hormones? Can you choose the hormones on your own without a prescription? Why?
- Does obesity have something in common with genetics?
- How has biology evolved through ages?
- What defines the way we look? What can impact our appearance?
Biology Topics Related to Environment Issues
- How can we ameliorate the environmental issues with the ubiquitous use of plants?
- What is sustainability?
- The concept of green Growth: how do the economy and environment impact the notion?
- Ecology: how do people treat the issue these days?
- Does the ecological situation influence our health? How?
- The environmental situation with marine life: what challenges does it meet today?
- Aging processes and their dependence on the ecology.
- Can we save our planet by planting more trees?
- Why do people ignore the signs given by nature?
- Do we need to reject plastics?
Simple Topics for Biology Research
- How can biology explain obesity in animals?
- Do we have cases of males being pregnant among animals?
- How do birds live? What are their behavioral patterns?
- How do plants fight against diseases?
- Do scientists have any preventive measures to stop the disease from appearing in plants?
- Can we become resistant to allergies?
- Does stress damage our immune system?
- Can we train cats?
- What can help sea animals hide from the dangers?
- What are the reasons for climate change?
These are the most interesting topics for your biology research. As you can see, writing a paper is not a tough task. All you need is to prepare well for the writing. What does it mean? In the article, we have described top tips to manage the writing process. To work on the text more beneficially, you need to know the structure. And in our article, we have explained the nuances of the biology research paper. If you follow our pieces of advice and carefully choose the topic for your paper, you will nail it! So, no time for hesitation. Read the article one more time, choose the topic, and start working on the paper.