Even though psychology research may sound terrifying, it is similar to any academic assignment. Its goal is to give readers comprehensive information on a psychology topic: theories, arguments, experiments, and the latest researches. However, it may be quite challenging to make complex terms understandable and clear for the reader.
Another important thing is to conduct detailed research and to find enough credible information to base the future paper on. That is why in this article, we will not only list psychology research paper topics but will also provide with tips from experienced writers.
After finishing reading, you will be able to find a topic to taste and to create perfect psychology research.
Make sure what paper to write
There are two types of psychology research papers: literature review or empirical paper. The main difference is that literature reviews contain information on the research and findings of other authors. You need to process multiple sources, note down arguments and conclusions, and then analyze them in your own work. Make sure you include at least five sources of such psychology research.
The second type, empirical paper, is more complex but extremely interesting. They should be based on your own experiments, surveys, and researchers. Such research requires fieldwork and communication. Before starting writing, make sure you understand the tutor’s requirements and know exactly what type of paper you should work on.
Stages of writing a psychology research paper
Your assignment may seem quite challenging at first. But after breaking the research into several stages, it will become clear that the paper is not as difficult as you thought. Here are the steps to take to get a high grade and master the topic.
Conduct a research
Once you know the paper’s title, you have the topic to write your paper about. The majority of students think that the research stage is the most difficult one and often stop writing because it is hard to find relevant information online.
However, the research stage may be quite exciting, and you can consider yourself a detective looking for pieces of puzzles. Surf the Internet finding reliable sources and statistics for future research. Sometimes you may waste time on forums or Wikipedia but sometimes will find something amazing on Google Scholar or scientific databases.
Write an outline
During the research stage, you have probably made notes. Use them as the basis of future work and create an outline. It is nothing but a structure of the research. Write down the arguments, facts, and any reliable information you want to include in the text. This will help to avoid writer’s block in the future and to make your research clear and structured.
When the research and outline are ready, it is the right time to start writing. Start with the title where you should indicate the topic of the psychology research paper, your class, name, and tutor’s surname with initials.
We recommend starting writing the first draft without thinking much about spelling and grammar mistakes. You’ll be able to fix them later, and stopping on every comma and word will only take extra time, and you may forget what you wanted to write about.
When the first draft is ready, and all paragraphs are in place, you can proceed with editing and proofreading. On this stage, you should check the paper line after line and make sure that there are no misprints or missing figures. If you doubt in your language skills, there are online checkers or professional editors and proofreaders.
After polishing the first draft, ask a friend or a classmate to read your research and tell their opinion. You can also read the paper aloud to detect places with a weak structure or complex sentences. Rewrite them to make the research smooth and clear. Finally, you can submit the paper and wait for the tutor’s verdict and grade.
The best psychology research paper topics
- The connection between aging and mental health;
- Do bullied teenagers commit crimes more often?
- Does sexuality insecurity trigger homophobes?
- Benefits of socialization on mental health;
- Hypnosis as a way to quit smoking;
- Can morality change under harsh laws?
- Child obesity and mental health;
- Can early childhood trauma cause mental problems in adulthood?
- Impact of divorce on children;
- Roots of social interaction;
- Is postpartum depression overestimated?
- Sex offenders should be treated by cognitive-behavioral treatment;
- Teenagers and violence;
- Impact of anxiety and depression on performance at work;
- The morality of different generations;
- Mental problems of homeless people;
- Things to know about bipolar disorder;
- Impact of PTSD on the quality of life;
- Things that make your memory weaker;
- What is motivation and how to boost it;
- Can divorce counseling be effective?
- Concept of sexting;
- Being attractive makes life simpler;
- Impact of stress on our health;
- The necessity of psychologists at schools;
- Why are attractive individuals treated better?
- How habits are formed and how to change them;
- Impact of failed relationships on mental health;
- Influence of abortion on woman’s state;
- How miscarriage impacts mental health;
- Ways to promote mental health;
- Why the divorce rates are increasing;
- Introvert and extrovert behavior;
- Is school uniform necessary?
- Is monogamy outdated?
- Parental negligence and childhood obesity;
- Junk food and mental problems;
- What is short- and long-term memory;
- Mental development of children under 7 years old;
- Impact of winning on our brain;
- Social isolation and its impact on our mental health;
- Why saying ‘no’ to a child is good for them?
- Benefits of spending time in nature;
- Preterm delivery and depression;
- Benefits and drawbacks of hypnosis;
- Psychological profile of serial killers;
- Consequences of being an introvert in adulthood;
- Is suicide contagious?
- Main phases of growth and development;
- Gay adoption – pros and cons;
- How to prevent teenage suicide;
- Learning more about schizophrenia in teenagers;
- How to cope with stress;
- Roots of different phobias;
- Why we tend to generalize people;
- Is there a link between obesity and depression?
- How may children be impacted by a narcissist parent?
- Is personality influenced by the people that surround this person?
- Is there a link between video games and anxiety?
- How to ensure that your marriage lasts long;
- Psychological reasons for depression;
- Colors in psychological therapy;
- How do motivation theories work?
- Understanding the reasons behind suicidal behavior;
- Role of biology in children’s hyperactivity;
- Sex workers and their mental health.
Get professional help at Writemypaper247.net
Now you know what a psychology research paper is and how to write it. The only thing left is to pick a topic from the list above and to start writing. However, if you feel tired, busy with other assignments, or not interested in the paper, you can rely on Writemypaper247.
We are a team of experienced writers with multiple years of relevant experience. With us, you’ll get a perfect assignment that will fit the tutor’s requirements and your own writing style. We are your mediators to the world of high academic performance, free time, and happiness!